Oh my lord! The planning....
I will cross out what has been done so far... (We are currenly 6 months into being engaged, still without a set date or venue - so majority of this may not apply)
Arrange for both families to meet and celebrate if possible Purchase a wedding organiser and some magazines for some inspiration Plan the engagement party for no more than 3 months from your announcement. Set a date, chose a location and decide on a guest list. Create invitations and send to guests.
- Record cards and gifts received and send personalised thank you notes - Yes, I'm a terrible person, I recorded all the names but have not sent out thank you notes.
Decide on a wedding budget
- Start guest list
- Determine time frame for your wedding date. Choose a few dates that don't conflict with other events taking into consideration that some guests may need to travel long distances.
- Choose a colour scheme. Collect ideas and create an inspiration board including colours, themes and styles
- Shortlist your venues for the ceremony
- Shortlist your venues for the reception
- Book ceremony venue and record payment in your budget planner
- Book venue and record payment in your budget planner
Begin looking for a dress Begin looking for a celebrant that suits your style, theme and personalityTB's uncle is a Pastor so he will marry us! It will be soooo good.
- Choose your bridal party and formally ask them to be in your bridal party - Half done... Is not working out as well and as magical as I first thought it would in my head.
Shortlist photographers -I have the most amazing Photographer in the world PLEASE CHECK HIM OUT - www.izo.com.au Shortlist videographerI would love a videographer but probably not able to afford it. Shortlist FloristPish to a Florist. On the day i'm going to a florist shop and buying flowers to make my own bouquet.
- Shortlist Band/DJ
- Investigate bridal registries
Book Photographer Book Florist Book Videographer
- Research accommodation options for out of town guests
- Send out "save the date cards"
- Select dress and pay deposit, recording the payment in your budget planner
- Shortlist Cake suppliers
- Research invitation or stationary supplier. Decide on a theme that covers all aspects of the stationary. Invitations, RSVP cards, name cards and thank you cards
- Meet with ceremony musicians and discuss music choices for ceremony
- Book hair and makeup artist and any pre wedding beauty therapies that are needed (waxing, spray tanning, manicures etc)
- Gather bridesmaids for dress shopping or fittings
- Gather the Groom and Groomsmen for suit fittings. Record any deposits paid
- Book accommodation for your wedding night (make sure it’s the honeymoon suite!)
- Prepare detailed accommodation options for out of town guests catering to as many tastes and budgets as possible
- Plan and Book your honeymoon. Remembering to check the weather and make sure you book the honeymoon suite!
- Purchase accessories for the day including jewelry, veil, shoes, underwear and handbags
- Finalise hair and makeup with artist
Confirm bouquets, button holes and ceremony flowers with florist ensuring your flowers will be either "in season" or available on the day
- Finalise bridal party accessories including shoes, handbags and jewelery for bridesmaids and ties, Cufflinks and socks for groomsmen
- Find jeweler to make wedding bands
- Finalise bridal registry and obtain cards to include with invitations
- Design and create bomboniere
- Book wedding cars/transportation
- Finalise guest list
- Finalise invitation wording, font and style
- Finalise menu
- Bride maids to organise hens night (provide a list of names and addresses)
- Obtain travel visas for international honeymoon. Check passport validity
- Decide on readings for ceremony and ask readers to be a part of the day (the longer they have to rehearse the better)
- Schedule dress fittings with dressmaker for the last 3 fittings
- Supply full guest list to Maid of honour and best man for bridal shower/kitchen tea and rehearsal events
- Send out invitations
- Confirm travel arrangements have been made for out of town guests
- Finalise ceremony programs and have them printed
- Obtain legal requirements and ensure all paperwork is completed before the deadline
- Purchase guest book
- Bridal party gifts (don't forget you ushers, readers, close family, flower girls, ring bearers and the celebrant)
Write your vows and send to celebrant to review I've already written my vows
- Arrange rehearsal with entire bridal party and celebrant
- Finalise play list for DJ (if you don't want to provide a full play list, supply "genres"
- Finalise play and "do not play" songs with live music band including : introduction, first dance, cake cutting, father/daughter dance and last dance.
- Finalise ceremony music selections and send the list to your ceremony musicians.
- Final accessories including hairpiece and jewelery
- Collect wedding rings make sure you try them on!
- Create a wedding day schedule covering off all elements including bridal party and suppliers.
- Final dress fitting
- Finalise readings and any other special touches to the day
- Finalise numbers for the reception
- Provide reception venue with running sheet on suppliers and when to expect them
- Create a seating chart and provide details to reception venue including any signage that may be required
- Confirm pick up details with florist
- Prepare toasts and speeches
- Send addresses to transport/car suppliers
- Confirm times and locations with photographer/videographer
- Provide photographer with a list of must have pictures (include parents, special guests etc)
- Shop and pack for your honeymoon (make sure you check the weather!)
- Put together an emergency kit (aspirin, makeup, hairspray, safety pins, mints, band aids)
- Deliver place cards, guest book, pens, cake knife, toasting flutes, and all other reception items at the reception venue.
So to sum it up FML.