Friday 16 September 2011

Wedding Talk

TOP WEDDING RELATED STRESSES:
 It's the etiquette of family invites.

What if the combined family numbers are huge? And the couple getting marrieds bank account is not? Ugh dilemma's. My problem is, that I have a big family, most of who I never see, most of who I want to invite to be polite but realistically would not be upset in the slightest if they weren't able to come due to them having their own family life to attend to. Same with Tallboy, not so much the 'never' see's part, he see's them all extremely regularly it's just the numbers. Numbers are what makes it so expensive.

A lot of people I've spoken to have said that they only invited friends, family and aunts and uncles no cousins. To me it's weird to invite aunts and uncles without cousins. Problem with my family is that due to the age different I was always the left out cousin. I was like 7 or 8 when they were 13 up to 28ish. I was the annoying little cousin that got left out and due to that I'm not exactly close to a lot of them, also our family never did massive family gatherings when I was growing up, only for Christmas and Easter maybe. And not only do we have cousins, we have second cousins. We need to be brutal and draw the line somewhere. My friend at work told me that I'd have to be really selfish with the guest list but i'd feel sooo guilty.

 It makes etiquette and my stupid gut instinct to want to please everyone really hard. I feel horrible even writing this but I don't know what to do. I think we'll just invite everyone and then just see what happens. A lot of people will have other things on and then maybe we could invite more friends. How shit is that? I just wrote that because of our large family I've left off friends. Well it's true, I've left off people that I don't see all the time but I saw them more often than family and I always have the best time with them. I have so many wonderful work friends new and old, I'd love to invite the work girls, they'd be sooo much fun but I can't. I'd love to invite my old work friends but I can't. It's so messy and upsetting. I just want to please everyone. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings and I don't want to cause a family rift. Blaaaahhhhhh, maybe I'm over looking it. Maybe I'm not. What do you do?

Stupid large families! :( Stupid age difference! :( Stupid not being a millionaire! :( I am going to try and adapt a 'the more the merrier approach' Yep! Sorted. I am going to do that from now on. The more the merrier…. and they can all eat air because I won't be able to afford to feed them. Yayyyy forrr usssssss.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok in other news, less freak-out-ish; the engagement shoot (which I still haven't booked) I had some cute ideas, I got my amazing banner the other day which says love is sweet on it. I'm hoping to have TB and I hold and end each in tall grass at Caversham, I think it'd look so simple and cute. Then also have another one with it wrapped around us. Also I want helium balloons and just all sorts of cutesy stuff.

Yay for being cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment